Money from Jokes
Mastering the Business of Comedy
Uncover how to make people laugh and make money while at it. In this course, you'll learn how to turn your comedic talent into a thriving career while navigating the complexities of the comedy industry. Come onboard as our experienced facilitator, Josh2Funny brings a wealth of knowledge and real-world experience to guide you through.
$ 40.00 | $ 60.00
Take advantage of this transformational course
About the Course
Are you an aspiring comedian? Have you begun to consider other career paths because comedy seems unproductive? Are you just an enthusiast looking to learn about the industry? Comedy is not just about making people laugh; it's also a serious business. From writing jokes to promoting shows, comedians need to have a solid understanding of the business side of things to succeed in the industry.
In today's world, building a career in comedy requires more than talent and hard work. It requires a deep understanding of the industry, the target audience, and the ability to create a distinctive style that resonates with your audience.
This course will expose you to the foundational elements and finely tuned-strategies that resonate with diverse audiences. From unlocking the secret of performance to leveraging dynamic collaborations, you'll be able to map a blueprint for expanding your sphere of influence as a comedian.
By sharing his success stories, the facilitator draws you into his world and helps you not only comprehend the mechanics of writing or performing jokes but also navigate challenges to achieve long-term success within the industry.
Key Learning Outcomes
In this course, you will:
- Examine the key roles in the comedy industry
- Understand the evolution of comedy and growing trends within the industry
- Identify the forms of comedic writing and the strategies for creating original materials
- Leverage challenges and opportunities in the comedy industry
- Discover the art behind delivering outstanding performances
- Importance of branding and marketing in reaching a wider audience
- Leveraging social media to improve engagement with the fans
- Identify the legal and ethical considerations in the comedy industry and how they affect artistic freedom
- Understand how to set SMART goals to ensure long-term career success
- Discover the steps to take in navigating financial challenges as a comedian.
The Money from Jokes: Mastering the Business of Comedy Course at Harde Business School has been specially curated as a collaborative effort by our team of academic content developers as well as our subject matter experts to provide a contemporary and relevant edge to the course.
Buckle your seat belt and get ready to be immersed in the Harde world of interactive learning that will intrigue your mind, challenge your thinking, and transform your results. We call it the WOW Factor!